Why should you visit Saranda
Saranda (the ancient name Onhezmi) is the blessed Mediterranean destination, otherwise called the southern pearl of Albania.
The city of 300 sunny days, due to the values and beauties it unfolds is a destination recommended by many Albanian and foreign tourists. The city has a very rich archaeological history and has high cultural and historical values.
The harbor town lies beneath the panoramic hills in the form of an amphitheater stretching to emerald Ionian Sea waters. The name of the city comes from the Monastery of 40 Saints (Santi Quaranti), whose ruins are still found in one of the hills above the city. The city has also held the name Porto Eda, in honor of the girl of Mussolini during the time of the fascist invasion.
In Saranda, you can reach Corfu by ferry, in 40 minutes. You can also reach the city, by coming from Rinas Airport, Tirana.
The city offers great opportunities for accommodation and food in the restaurant.
In short, it is a gateway to the many crystal-clear beaches offered by the south of Albania.
From Saranda you can visit the islands of Ksamili, the beach Mirrors, the beach of Bitola, the beaches in the Albanian Riviera, which are characterized by their crystal clear water and the fabulous visuals they exhibit.
Saranda is the capital of tourism, nearby is the ancient city of Butrint, which is part of UNESCO, the "Blue Eye" Natural Park and the Albanian Riviera, which expands villages whose houses are built with stone and very relaxing beaches.
Saranda offers tourism for all ages and night life in the city is very attractive.
Young people can enjoy beach bars, offering drinks from the most diverse, while the elderly can relax in quiet beaches.
The gastronomy is rich with Mediterranean recipes, with sea products, with salads of organic olive oil and meat products that are grown in the area. From the dairy diet, the cheese and yogurt are preferable from Konispoli.
During the visit to Saranda, you can also visit the olive and mandarin plants.
Saranda and Delvina have an ancient civilization and there are a large number of castles, temples, cult objects and dozens of cultural monuments.
Below you can find a list of cultural monuments:
- Monastery in Piqeras
- Monastery and Church in Kakome
- Monastery and Church of St. Mary Krorez Nivice
- Monastery of the 40 Saints
- Saint George Monastery
- Church of St. Mary Kameno Kakodhiq
- The Church of St. Thanas Kardhikaq
- The Church of St. Stephen's Day
- The Church of St. Thanassius Pece
- The Mesopotam High School Monastery
- Church of Shen Koll Dhrovjan
- Church of St. Mary Kostar
- Church of Saint Mary Malcan
- Saint George Church Leshnice e Siperme
- St. Thanas of Leshnice e Siperme
- Church of the Monastery of Shen Koll Dhiver
- The Church of St. Mary's Monastery on Mount of Dawson
- Saint George Church Cave Dhiver
- Monastery and Cifelic Basilica
- The Temple of Antiquity Dober
- Mosque of Gjin Alex Rusan
- Synagogue and Basilica of Saranda
- Settlements of Gjin Gjipalit Corraj
- Settlements of Xhavit and Xh. Xhangos Tatzat
- Shefiko Xhangos Tatzat's settlements
- Settlement of Gjin Gjipalit Corraj
- The apartment of Xhavit and Xh. Xhangos Tatzat
- Shefiko Xhangos Tatzat's settlement
- Metocco's Antique Villa
- Çuka Çarça Antique Building + Çukë Antique Site
- Alush Dizdari's settlement
- Settlement of Vasil Zhupes Dhrovjan i Siperm
- Settlement of Evro and E. Koçolen Dhrovjan i Siperm
- Settlement of Jorgo + Koço Agores Dhrovjan i Siperm
- Settlement and Photo Konomit Sirakat
- Petro Shekes Leshnice's house
- The Vagalat Village Tower
- Settlement of Gaqi Papes Sopik
- Settlement of Risto Mitropouli Rumanxa
- Settlement of Hazbi Sherif Dishat
- Bardhyl's and Shaban Barjam Shala settlement
- Konispol settlement
- Antique walls + Bazzar
- The bridge of Jesiri
- Rocky bridge under the Tatezat
- Cina’s bridge between Tatezatit and Castle
- Stone bridge above the Castle
- Jesiri’s bridge
- Derstil mill a part of the Castle
- Roman water supply in Xarre
- Diapor Vivar
- Mosaic holl in the old port of Saranda
- Dema’s wall
- Vane Ruins of the stone bridge
- Old wells of Dhrovjan
- The bridge of St. Gjergji in upper Leshnice
- Archways bridge in lower Leshnica
- Quarry Antique Scale
- Cave in the Senice village
- Tumb number 43 in Vergo
- Varrezat e Fshatit Vergo Old cemetery in the Vergo village
- Bajkaj Tombs
- Jani’s castle